- Founded in 2005; fully operational in 2012
- Nonprofit charitable organization
- Donations accepted – gifts are tax-deductible
- 90% refundable entry fee for independent living
- No entry fee for apartments and studios in residential & memory care
- Offering 99 homes with a wide choice of pricing options and floor plans
- Minimum age of 62
- Board of Directors includes resident member
- 14-passenger accessible shuttle bus; accessible van
- Tobacco Free community
- Population: 6,600 (2010); 15 faith communities, county seat
- Distance to Burlington International Airport: 35 miles
- Public Transportation: Addison County Transit Resources
- Home of Middlebury College
- Other local treasures: Town Hall Theater, Henry Sheldon Museum, VT Folklife Center, Morgan Horse Farm, Trail Around Middlebury, Green Mountain National Forest, Porter Medical Center, Middlebury Natural Foods Co-op, Middlebury Farmers Market, Festival on-the-Green, Middlebury New Filmmakers Festival, art galleries, tennis, golf, lakes, local wineries, distilleries, cideries, and breweries.
Who owns EastView?
EastView is a free-standing, single site senior living community, recognized by the IRS as a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, governed by a local board of directors.
How big is EastView?
We think EastView is perfectly sized. EastView offers 30 cottages, 32 independent living apartments, 19 residential care apartments, and 18 memory care studios. Our senior living community is located one mile from the center of Middlebury in a beautiful, 40-acre meadow graced with a panoramic view of the Green Mountains. As of September 2020, EastView had nearly 130 residents and over 100 full- and part-time employees. Our community is large enough for diversity and small enough for comfortable familiarity.
Is there a waiting list for EastView?
We have regular vacancies in our apartments and cottages, as our residents’ situations change. We also manage a Priority Waiting List and recommend to those who are thinking about EastView for their future that they join this waiting list. The deposit to join the waiting list is $1,000. It is fully refundable and is deducted from your initial invoice when you move to EastView.
Does EastView allow pets?
Absolutely. EastView recognizes pets as important family members and readily welcomes them to EastView. Two well-behaved pets (small-to-medium sized dogs, cats, birds) or a manageable fishbowl is our requested limit per household. Please request a copy of our pet policy for more detail.
Who manages your dining service?
EastView employs its own talented culinary team. Our focus is on fresh, local, nutritious and delicious dining, served by a courteous wait staff in one of our three dining rooms or our Bistro.
Is there a salon on the premises?
EastView has an onsite salon with many services available, including haircuts, color, perms, wash & set, and styling. Salon services are available to EastView community members.
Are there accommodations for guests?
You may host guests in your home. Depending on availability, EastView may also have an apartment at which your guests may stay for a nominal charge.
When is the best time to move to a retirement community?
The decision to move to a retirement community is uniquely personal, driven by multiple factors and made after a great deal of thought and discussion. We encourage you to visit EastView so that you can focus directly on the features most important to you while enjoying the beauty and vibrancy of our community. We regularly hear from our residents that their biggest regret is that they didn’t make the decision to move earlier to take full advantage of the security, services and social enrichment so prevalent at EastView.
Is smoking allowed?
EastView is tobacco-free. As a community focused on healthy living, smoking is not allowed anywhere at EastView.
Is there space for my car?
Yes, many of our residents arrive with a car but it is quite possible to live comfortably without one. EastView is a scheduled bus stop on one of the main routes of our local public shuttle bus system. Tri-Valley Transit pulls up to EastView’s lobby door hourly Monday through Friday from 9:45 am through 1:45 pm and by reservation. The schedule is posted in our main lobby.
EastView provides parking in two parking lots at the Inn, offers covered parking for an additional entry fee, and each cottage has both driveway parking spaces and at least one garage. In addition, EastView provides weekly scheduled trips to grocery stores and the farmer’s market using our own accessible shuttle bus and van, and can arrange for transportation to appointments and meetings. We also use these vehicles regularly to enjoy performances, partake of sporting events, and explore regional highlights every week.